Sunday, October 23, 2011

Avon Inspired Crackle Nails

Even Avon has a crackle polish! But I think one crackle in any one color is enough. Since I already had my OPI black shatter polish I decided to use that instead. The Avon colors Blue Lagoon, Sunshine and Tangtastic I already had in my collection.

When I saw this is their catalog I thought the nails looked really hot and when I realized I had the colors it was on. First I started with my China Glaze adhesion basecoat and proceeded to make wide, somewhat horizontal stripes across my nails. I didn't want the coats to be too thick so I went over it about 2x. Don't worry about neatness it will all be covered by the shatter polish. Once the stripes dried a bit I added the shatter polish in a vertical sweep. Then I applied my OPI topcoat and my Seche Vite dry fast.

 So here is how my nails turned out:





and here is a pic from the Avon book:

No comments:

Post a Comment